Apply to be part of the Native Plant Source crew this 2023 season!
We are seeking crew members who are motivated, possess a positive attitude, and have an appreciation of our native flora. Our goal is to recruit and retain staff who will grow with us. We offer opportunities to be mentored and to learn from senior staff with over 30 years of experience.
Positions: Assistant Environmental Biologists / Landscapers
Location: Breslau (between Guelph and Kitchener)
Work Period: Summer Season 2023 (May, June, July and August);
shorter/longer term positions may be available, please indicate availability in cover letter
Tasks typically include:
- Seeding, germinating, transplanting, and maintenance of plants
- Assist in public plant sales & delivery
- Constructing, planting, and maintaining various types of gardens
- Constructing and launching floating wetlands
- Constructing paving stone pathways and retaining walls
- Assist in preparing and seeding large restoration projects.
- Identify and remove weed species from sites and gardens.
- Drive a company vehicle to and from sites.
Crew Requirements & Qualifications:
- Passion for hands-on application of environmental biology, restoration ecology, and creating environmental landscapes.
- Have a valid Ontario driver’s license with a good driving record and be able to get to the nursery each day. Please note it is NOT on a public transportation route.
- Be in good physical health / have physical labour experience (eg gardening or landscaping)
- Be able to work outdoors, in a variety of weather conditions
- Be able to work independently, and as a member of a crew
Preference may be given to candidates who have:
- Knowledge of Ontario native plants
- Experience with landscaping tools and equipment
- Enrolled or graduated from a related College or University program, specialized training, or prior experience in the field
To apply email resume and cover letter in PDF format, with “Summer Crew” in the subject line, to:
firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for applications February 24th, 2023.
We reserve the right to close applications early for the right people, so don't wait to submit your resume. We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.